Sunday, February 19, 2006

Rough week, but worth it.

Well, it's been a rough week. I've been fighting a cold for over a week now and have been very busy with work. I have a fraction of my smell back, but I'm still stuffy and short about 15 hours of sleep. BTW, do you know what coffee tastes like when you can't smell? Like dirty water. It makes you wonder?

Anyhow, we finished this week, tonight, with a wonderful fellowship dinner, "Agapé Feast."

We built four sections of the world: Asia, Africa, Italy, and Spain in our multi-purpose room. It took us over a month to put it together, but we did it. I know it seems like a lot of work, however, I don't believe we should sell it short when it comes to kingdom work. Dinners to visits to mission fields. Why do we spend a month working hard for a three hour dinner? Because we can. We build great fellowship and the chance for outreach. We can do all things through Christ who gives us strength, so why not? ALL THINGS. Don't get me on a soap box

We had about a 135 members and guests plus our servers. One of our students who comes on his own invited his mom and dad...They came. It was GREAT!

It's great to get Christians and not-yet-Christians gathered together in Jesus' name. We watched chapter 9 from Matthew, The Visual Bible. Take a look at that chapter and count how many people and groups of people come into contact with Jesus in one day. Count each group as one.

What number did you get? What are your thoughts? I'm curious.

peace.

1 comments:

Daniel Shaefer said...

Well...

I got 18. Although, I didn't really know what to count for 35-38. My 18 doesn't include anything from those verses.

My thoughts?

I wish I was there.