Thursday, February 23, 2006

Let the countdown begin


It's hard to believe, but the time has come for a countdown. Thanks to my friends Zak and Kathy I have added a countdown to the next Thomas child.

FOUR! Well, it's one way to grow your youth ministry.

So much has happend and so much has been learned over the last 10+ years of being a father. Boy or girl, it doesn't matter to me. The other day someone asked Caleb what the boy name was... He didn't know, so they asked him what the girls name was and he said, "We're not having TWO babies." I think he's praying extra hard for a brother.

I have seen God's grace more in my life as I raise kids. It's amazing how many times I ask God, "What can I do to be your child?" I realize it's as silly a question as if my kids asked me how they could more my kids. They're my kids. They can't do anything to be more my child. What they do, is sleep in peace under my wing. They Drink from the water that I provide. They Listen to my words to bring them the fullest life. They love their family... There is nothing they can do to make me love them more. I LOVE THEM. Even when they walk away from me. I will love them.

What a picture of Grace.

Children are a heritage from the LORD,
children a reward from him.

Like arrows in the hands of a warrior
are children born in one's youth.

Blessed is the man
whose quiver is full of them.
They will not be put to shame
when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Psalm 127:3-5

I am so excited to meet this new Thomas kid. The clock is counting down.

peace.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

What is the count down for your family now? If one was, let's say, about nineteen weeks along, would it be too early to begin counting down?? I was fantasizing this morning that the doctor said, "Oh, guess what? We were off - you are due this week!" Ah, what a dream.

Johnathan M. Thomas said...

Bill Cosby talked about getting together with the Kodak Polaroid guys and speeding up the process. Not sure where that one is at.

I guess at this point, nearly at the end, I can say, "don't worry, it will be over in a flash."

Good thing you can't hit me through the computer. ;-)