Monday, February 27, 2006

Remember when?


Was it that long ago when you could spin and spin and spin and spin and not get sick? I'm not sure what's happened to me but I find my spirit is willing but my body says, "Don't even THINK about it or I'll make you puke."

I remember as a child spinning around under the stars and flopping on the ground and looking to the skies... it was a free roller coaster. Now if I see a commercial on TV that move to quickly I change the channel or turn my head. What's happening to me? Does anyone know?

I don't want to grow up.

peace.
johno~

3 comments:

Jason Hill said...

I'm with you. I don't want to grow up, but unfortunately just looking at that picture makes me queezy.

I like the photo though. Don't remember ever seen one like this. The ones I always see have the photog in the center shooting a child on the outer part of the merry-go-round. Yours keeps you from having to actually ride the thing--bonus. Plus the blur all around the subject keeps drawing me in to the center of the picture, which is good except for the queeziness. :P

arwen said...

what if the part of us-- let's call it the Whirrly part-- that is not motion sick is the size of an 8 year old and never grows. So when we, as adults, spin and spin, Whirrly gets all jostled around and that is what makes us sick... hmmm...[stroking she-beard in deep ponderance]
this sounds like a Deep Thought From Jack Handy...

Ryan Woods said...

I feel a Toys R Us commercial coming on.
When I was younger (since I'm so old) I used to be able to eat a double quarter pounder with cheese from McDonalds without feeling sick. Now, the thought of a Dr. Pepper from there tends to make me queezy...I'm pretty sure though it's for much different reasons than the merry go round thing.