Thursday, December 01, 2005

So Long Roses?

Well, it has been a while since I've been on this road. My original thoughts of this page was to include ONLY the times I had come into contact with others and shared Christ. So the pages have been emptied for some time waiting for that moment. I've been stuck in a moment and I can't get out of it. I think I may have missed something. Daily being lead by the Spirit? Of course, everyday. It may come in the form of a man on the side of the road... It may come in a photograph of a child. It just might be in a dark closet. Wherever, the Spirit is there.

Today I can hardly see the road... It's covered in snow. But what a wonderful thing to illustrate the Spirit of the living God. He covers our sins and makes us white as snow.

I am not sure if I have met a person on the face of the earth that has not been taken back by the scene of snow covered fields. It is as beautiful a reminder to me as the rainbow is a promise of God. The Spirit is everywhere. He is leading. The question is, am I following?

I must remember, even if I don't see it, I still have a Spirit to follow. James Berry the author of Peter Pan wrote, "God gives us memory so we can have roses in December." So with the snow, the roses go, but I remember.

I must remember, not by my strength, but by the Spirit of the Lord. Everyday, in all Your ways.

peace.
johno~

0 comments: