Friday, June 02, 2006

My Domain.

After all these years of going to:

www.billygraham.com
www.davidnasser.com
www.joshmcdowell.com
www.jamesdobson.com
www.dougfields.com

You can now visit,
www.johnathanthomas.com

OK, so it's not as exciting as going to some of the others, but hey! it's my name.

Although, I'm still waiting for some trumpet sound or fanfare...
I guess it's kind of geeky... Since it forwards back to this page.

Now I feel like I just burned $10.

blink... blink.

hmmm.

I do get an email with it! me@johnathanthomas.com?! or johnathan@johnathanthomas.com? iam@johnathanthomas.com?
Which one should I use?

Maybe someone can help me design a "cool" web page for www.johnathanthomas.com...

peace.
johno~

7 comments:

Jason Hill said...

Sweet dude. Are you going to use it exclusively for this blog, or use it as a landing point for all things Johno on the web? If I'm not mistaken you can get rid off all the blogger branding when you move your blog off to your own server. It will take some ftp finagling, but I'll lend a hand if you want. I'm looking forward to my first email from somebodylovesme@johnathanthomas.com!

Johnathan M. Thomas said...

Thanks J! I would love to do something like Allen, however, my skills are limited. When I am ready to "switch" I'll let you know.

peace

Johnathan M. Thomas said...

Sorry... ALLAN WHITE'S AMAZING WEBSITE!

Jason Hill said...

Well, I'm not talking about what Al does, cause his comments are broken (unless you mac guys think that is some fancy feature that I am not aware of).

I'm saying keep blogger, but host it on jt.com. Right now you use the blogger engine to maintain and publish your blog. When you say re-publish, it puts all of your pages on the blogspot server under the road2gaza heading. What you could do, is tell it to put the pages directly onto jt.com instead. I think then you can pull off the branding, plus you'd be cool, cause you wouldn't be on blogspot.

Johnathan M. Thomas said...

OUCH! a mac hit! Allan, where are you?

No, broken anything on a web page is bad for those on MAC ISLAND or WIN MAINLAND.

I guess you have to have a server to host it on, right? I don't have a server and I'm not sure I want to pay extra for one.

peace.

Jason Hill said...

You don't have a server? So you just bought jt.com and parked someplace where they automagically re-direct every hit to your road2gaza page? Ok. That better be one cheap service, 'cause even to get a small amout of hosting space wouldn't cost much. But, I understand if you are not interested in incurring that cost. Fun times. (Do I sound jealous? 'Cause I am!)

Johnathan M. Thomas said...

I used yahoo to buy it... they will redirect your address to any location and also allow you to "mask" it. They also let you have one email address that forwards to your yahoo account.

It's cool.