Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Hannah


Amazing is not a big enough word for what the last eleven years has been. To watch you grow has been more beautiful than the glory of all the wild flowers which bloom in the spring. Your mind is so creative and your hands so talented. Everything is yours because you walk on the path of light.

It's funny... To hold you today is a bit difficult. Your legs are longer, your a bit heavier, but your still have those cheeks. Your eyes are the same too. Nothing, in my whole life, has dazzled me more than them. They pierce my soul. They are truly a sign of how wonderful a Creator you and I have.

I realize today you turn 11. My lease of time with you is on the downhill side and I have no regrets. I take every moment, both good and bad as a treasure, and bury it in my heart.

Before you were born I wrote you this lullaby... It is my forever gift and promise to you.

Dear child, now it's time to close your eyes
and dream of all the things up in the sky
Hope, Faith and Love divine
they're the things to you I give that are mine
All I have and all I do, little one it's all for you.

Dear child, now it's time to dream away
and reach your hands to another day
God, the Father is watching you
and I know He'll always see you through

Hope, Faith and Love divine
they're the things to you I give that are mine
All I have and all I do, little one it's all for you.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY my SWEET HANNAH BEAR!
Love, Papa.

3 comments:

Lori Ann said...

Wow 11. Time does fly doesn't it! Have a great time getting to know your young woman!

tara said...

hannah, you dont know me, but i know your mama and papa and i remember when you were a tiny baby. it is so cool that you have your own blog site- have fun writing down all your thoughts and getting notes from people! i hope you have a great birthday!

Hannah K. Thomas said...

thanks papa for all that you do! oh and I LOVE YOU
and I always will:)


love,

your little [but not to little] Hannah Bear