Wednesday, May 10, 2006

My life's a Zoo!?

Last week was my vacation week. It was also my birthday and now I sit here one year wiser, but mostly older. It was a blast! Any vacation should be. Yet, in every vacation it seems as if one needs a vacation from the vacation. Diets are changed, sleeping habit abused, familiar environments become memories... At least for seven days and nights there's total freedom to go and do whatever you want. Then it's back to the zoo.

My life's a zoo. I have said it before. "Things are wild and crazy!" Kids are everywhere, I'm everywhere... Dogs and cats living together! But then I went to the zoo on vacation and saw something different. I love the zoo... I love seeing the animals. However, for some odd reason, most of the animals I see, while visiting the zoo, are just, well... laying around... Doing nothing. Some walk in circles, some hide, many animals just turn their backs to you. They eat and do other things that make small children say "EWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEE!" But, wild? Crazy? I don't think so. Being a zoo creature is living a life broken, contained and boring.

I say, "Stop the ZOO LIFE!" I don't want to live captive behind walls designed to keep me in. I don't want to spend my day eating, sleeping and EWWWWWEEEEEEEEEing." My life is not a zoo, it is so much more. I have been set free!

-Genesis 1:27
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.
-Psalm 118:5
In my anguish I cried to the LORD, and he answered by setting me free.
-John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.
-Galatians 5:1
It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. (behind the zoo walls)


What would this little guy be like unleashed? I don't know. I saw him walk in a few circles and then back to his den.

"And I have no compass
And I have no map
And I have no reasons
No reasons to get back

And I have no religion
And I don't know what's what
And I don't know the limit
The limit of what we've got"
-Zooropa, U2


Being what God created us to be is a wonderful thing. It is life and life abundant. Set free.

STOP LIVING THE ZOO LIFE! LIVE FREE!

peace.
johno~

0 comments: