Saturday, January 28, 2006

The Joy of being a MAN.



Well, today was one of those historic days for me. I thought about keeping this moment to myself and not sharing it with the two or three others who happen across this page by hitting the "next blog" button at the top right of the screen. A joyful bonding of a moment between father and son. Today my son went "potty" how a man is suppose to... Standing up. I had nothing to do with it. I just opened the door and said, "put the lid down." He said, "No, I want to stand up." The lid stayed up and the pants went down... to the ankles. (We'll work on that one later) He took aim and "fired" away.

I must say his aim was very accurate for a three year old. At least 90% or more. It really didn't matter, the fact was my son had arrived. In the early days it was easier to teach him sitting down. I wondered when the "day" would come. I had worried that having trained two girls I might somehow get it wrong... They still sit down. Not my son. Soon he will discover the limitless possibilities of where, "when nature calls," he can find relief.

Today I checked my Calvin and Hobbes RSS comic feed...

THE FREEDOM! It's beautiful.

I never shared this moment with my father. I'm glad to have shared it with my son.

Now I need to teach him to write his name... Oh the joy of being a man.

peace.
johno~

3 comments:

Jason Hill said...

I'm so glad you have a son. I know he'll follow you in to mischief much more readily than the girls.

Here's to writing our name and putting out campfires!

Ike Graul said...

A very proud day in the life of every son's father. Sooo...as happy as I am for you, this isn't going to show up in a future photo of the week, is it?

Daniel Shaefer said...

No matter how old you are, the ability to do things which might or might not get you arrested depending on when and where you choose to do them is a chest thumping chin sticking out man moment! Shouldn't we high five or something?