Thursday, October 11, 2007

Never Run Alone

A good friend of mine asked me to consider something I might not ever have considered in my life... Running in a marathon. As I thought about it, I thought, "There are many who will never have the chance to run something like this." I, myself, struggled with asthma as a child and was unable to run free like many other children my age. Spared from having the same health condition now as in my childhood, I can run today without an attack that leaves me fighting for breath.

As I shared this task with another friend, he told me to watch a video... Team Hoyt.



It might take some time... however, I will run... but not alone.

peace.
johno~

2 comments:

KMiV said...

I remember seeing this at a men's rally. It brought tears to our eyes.

Good luck in the marathon. They are a lot of fun.

Anonymous said...

johno my friend,

i'm not so sure i can identify with your new aspirations. the only running i do is after the dogs if they get out of the yard or something.
listen, don't strain yourself too much, i have plans for you for january!
good luck!