Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Need a little help here!

That's what my son says when he's in need of something he can't do or figure out himself. It's kind of funny the way he says it, but the truth is, he needs help.

Have you ever sat in a Sunday Worship with a child? Most of us have and do weekly. What do you do when someone steps up to lead the congregation in prayer? I interpret.

Have you ever tried to interpret a prayer up front to a child sitting next to you? My son has never said it, but I can see the look on his face... "Need a little help here!"

Next time you find yourself next to a small child while a prayer is being lead, lean over and interpret the prayer being said with words a child can understand. It helps you think about what is being said, plus, how you might communicate those "Big Church Words" to those not-yet-Christians.

I enjoy the special prayer time in church with my kids... I know they understand what's being said and that this prayer is for them, and from them to their heavenly Father.

peace.
johno~

2 comments:

Kristi said...

I love that we get to hear a child pray over the preacher each week at PUMP. Sometime interpretation is required for the adults in the crowd! It is a beautiful thing to hear their basic words of blessing and thanks.

Johnathan M. Thomas said...

It's wonderful... I wish it would happen more.

peace.