Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Happy Birthday to me and my midlife crisis.

38... THIRTY-EIGHT!

Well, another year down and one day closer to dying. I know that doesn't sound fun but, it's true.

This morning I got up around 5:10 AM grabbed my camera and headed to the mountains. After a short conversation and a kiss to my wife, I was driving down the highway. I really had no idea where I was going, but I thought I might find something up the Tumwater canyon.

I tried to keep it simple since I realized no one really knew my exact location, and a fall from a mountain resulting in injury or death would have had people searching for months.

As I exited my car and left the tune, "Beautiful Day," I grabbed my cameras and headed out... alone. What a peaceful time. Sounds of rushing water, birds and other critters I could only hear, singing, "Happy Birthday to YOU!" How nice.

I got down and dirty getting up close to some glacier lilies and some other flowers I have yet to identify. I wish I had my book with me, but alas, homework for later.

Anyhow, I really didn't want to talk about my birthday but rather, my midlife crisis...

It's hard to say this here, but I've given it a lot of thought and feel now is the time to let everyone know... I've been cheating on the side and I can't stay here anymore... There, it's out... Finally!

Since I first started with Blogger in September of 2005, I didn't know what kind of relationship blogger and I would have... I love blogs and the communities therein... However, I've worked around ridged blogger approved templates and longed to bring more of my personality to blogland. I had seen others using garbage like "myspace" "facebook" blah, blah, blah... But one caught my eye... WordPress. She wasn't perfect, but then neither was I. I heard that you could host WordPress on your site and with some modification you could really stretch your creativity and not look so much like everyone else.

I think Blogger, found out I was looking, because she made several changes. However, the changes she made, made me more confused that I was before. Don't get me wrong... I love blogger. I cut my teeth on blogger. But, now it's time for me to take the next step.

If you come to this site via http://road2gaza.blogspot.com/ , you'll continue to see this same old post, over and over again.

However, if you visit this spot via, http://www.johnathanthomas.com , you'll be pointed to the new site, that looks a lot like this site, just easier for me to manage.

The OFFICIAL SITE IS:
http://blog.johno.org

So, there you have it... My mid life crisis.

I love you blogger. We will always be friends, but it's time for me to go.



goodbye.
johno~

4 comments:

lauranovak said...

Get over it Jonathan, I'm pushing 50! At 38 you are just getting started, you still have plenty of years to mess up your kids! (Hee!) Your OLD friend, Laura Novak

KMiV said...

Happy birthday. Oh to be 38 again!
Ron

Cheryl Russell said...

Happy Birthday and Farewell! That new site better be way creative and original after all that!

Wedding Photographer Fort Myers Fl said...

Happy Birthday!