Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Chasing the fields of hills turned green

Breaking free, ready to fly
Head down, on the ground tethered by my side
Don’t they know I want to be free
Look through my eyes, you might just see

I'm Chasing the field of hills turned green
Open to the things unseen
Redemption red, winter white
She Lights my darkness and helps me fly

“Ending poverty” they say, is just a lie
Dying in a dirt street, hear little children cry
One man opened up the door
Giving more than bread crumbs off the floor

To those chasing the field of hills turned green
Open to the things unseen
Redemption red, winter white
She Lights their darkness and helps them fly

One step doesn’t make you walk
One word doesn’t make you talk
It’s the child who gets up again
And the child who’s life is in your hands

Who am I to think I AM
I’m just a beggar with a secret plan
Crawling on a old wood floor
With a map to find an open door

To the fields of hill turned green
Seeing all the things unseen
Redemption red like winter white
No more darkness only Light

Ready to fly

peace.
johno~

0 comments: